1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Name of crime when government makes false statements in your behalf? Criminal Trials, Hearings

Discussion in 'Criminal Procedure, Criminal Court' started by 1stronglady, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1stronglady

    1stronglady Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I was discriminated against and harrassed on a college campus by staff and turned to a government agency for assistance, only to find they made false statements on my behalf to make their case agaisnt me. I am over 21.

    I have alot of documentation to support my case that was never investigated by the govt agency. I am currently waiting to see if a nonprofit organization will help me but won't know for 6 weeks. In the meantime I'm trying to get some advice as to what I can do in case the non-profit doesn't represent me. These are some questions in general for now:

    1. From the date of the incident, do you only have 1 year to file a lawuit?

    2. Can you submit a settlement request before filing a lawsuit, and are there special attorneys that do this?

    3. Any others that have had this problem that can comment?

    3. Any

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.