Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders My teenage daughter may be seeing an older man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuck57

My teenage daughter is about one month away from turning 18th and feels she can do whatever she wants once she does. I recently heard from one of her best friends ,after they had some sort of argument, that she might be seeing this older man from the place she used to work. She said that she had only heard my daughter mention him several random times and that he was almost 30. As a concerned parent I immediately removed my daughter from that job and I would like to know if there is anything I can do to avoid my daughter from getting anywhere near him. Can I press charges against him? What can i charge him for? Can i report him to the authorities for seducing a minor? I don't have any knowledge of anything between them, but lately she's been spending quite alot of time on the phone and once I thought i heard a mature voice over the phone. I fear that when my daughter turns 18 next month he's planning to take her away from me. Please let me all the options I have to keep my daughter from being subdued by this man. Shes a very smart girl and i just don't want to see her life thrown away. Please Help!

You did not mention your state, but unless she is having sex in violation of state law, or he is encouraging your minor child to be habitually disobedient, then I doubt there is much you can do. And next month, the issue will be moot. Though, you COULD hold her home over her head ... "do as I say or move out". But, if she is still in high school, this may not be such a good idea.

At this point, you have few options. She's about to be a legal adult, and there will be little you can do to compel her to obey you.

- Carl

I'm in Florida. No she's not in high school she graduated and started college at 16. But can't i report to the authorities now while she's still a minor that they have a relationship and I would like to press charges? Or if when she's 18 and leaves with him they already have a record that the relationship has been going on since before she becomes an adult I can't press charges either?

There is no law that says they cannot talk together. The law prohibits certain acts, but not talking. If he encourages her to run away, to commit unlawful acts, or to be generally incorrigible, then there may be a law that can be applied. But merely speaking to a man - no matter the age difference - is not a crime.

I understand your concern, but this does not sound like a criminal law issue.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back