Family, Other My spouse is illegal

Alexis kimball

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
My boyfriend and father of my 3 children Is an illegal from El Salvador we have been together for 11 years and we want to get married we are scared he will get sent back because of the new laws from the president Trump. He is the sole provider for our family. I am a stay at home mom... He is the bread winner and takes care of the family finacially how do we go about starting to get his papers to become a legal here in the United states

My boyfriend and father of my 3 children Is an illegal from El Salvador we have been together for 11 years and we want to get married we are scared he will get sent back because of the new laws from the president Trump. He is the sole provider for our family. I am a stay at home mom... He is the bread winner and takes care of the family finacially how do we go about starting to get his papers to become a legal here in the United states
You should start looking for a job...It's best to be prepared in case ICE picks him up.

we are scared he will get sent back because of the new laws from the president Trump

Just FYI there are no new laws from President Trump. They are the same laws that have always been there for many years. The difference is that the Trump administration is now attempting to enforce the laws.
His best option may be to return to his home country undetected, perhaps the same way he got here in the first place, and then attempt to reenter legally. Even better than that is to forget the whole thing, lay low, and hope he never gets caught.

Back