1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

My spouse is illegal Family, Other

Discussion in 'Family Immigration, Fiancee & Marriage Visa' started by Alexis kimball, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Alexis kimball

Alexis kimball Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Louisiana
    My boyfriend and father of my 3 children Is an illegal from El Salvador we have been together for 11 years and we want to get married we are scared he will get sent back because of the new laws from the president Trump. He is the sole provider for our family. I am a stay at home mom... He is the bread winner and takes care of the family finacially how do we go about starting to get his papers to become a legal here in the United states

2. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

Consult with a local immigration attorney.

justblue likes this.
  3. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

You should start looking for a job...It's best to be prepared in case ICE picks him up.

hrforme likes this.
  4. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Just FYI there are no new laws from President Trump. They are the same laws that have always been there for many years. The difference is that the Trump administration is now attempting to enforce the laws.
    His best option may be to return to his home country undetected, perhaps the same way he got here in the first place, and then attempt to reenter legally. Even better than that is to forget the whole thing, lay low, and hope he never gets caught.

Disabled Vet, shadowbunny and hrforme like this.