my sisters boyfriend wont leave our house

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeinacave

my mother died and left the house to me and my sisters .. one of my sisters moved out while the other lives here with her boy friend .. i dont mind my sister living here but i mind her convicted boyfriend staying under my roof and not paying any bills .. what do i do .. i confronted them and told them i dont like it and he refuses to leave .. if this turns physical things will get very ugly ..

my mother died and left the house to me and my sisters .. one of my sisters moved out while the other lives here with her boy friend .. i dont mind my sister living here but i mind her convicted boyfriend staying under my roof and not paying any bills .. what do i do .. i confronted them and told them i dont like it and he refuses to leave .. if this turns physical things will get very ugly ..

You and your sisters own the house together.

I'm afraid the best you can do is try to evict him.

But, all of you would have to agree to evicting him, as you are co-owners.

That failing, you can petition the court to force a sale of the home and divide the proceeds of such sale equally between all of you.

The other sisters don't have to agree to such a sale.

Talk to a lawyer as to how to bring that about.

Otherwise, you can always leave and turn your back on the drama and the deadbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back