My school wasted my time

Status
Not open for further replies.

betty1989

I am currently a student at ashford university.I live in omaha, NE but take online classes through their campos, which is located in clinton IA. I contacted them late last year and told them i wanted to get a degree in speech pathology, so they signed me up for a degree in health and human services, telling me this was what i needed to do for speech pathology. After a couple months of taking classes, i noticed i wasn't learning anything related to speech pathology, so i started researching it. I was so spectical that i called and talked to a different advisor who told me that they has indeed signed me up for the wrong major! I'm now in the middle of my third course for health and human services, which is a complete waste of my time. I wasted months of my time and thousands of dollars of my money because of their advisors incompetence, and now i'm starting from square one. Can i sue them?

And when you noticed that you were signed up for health and human services and not for speech pathology, what did you do?

They told me that health and human resources was the bachelors degree i needed to pursue a masters in speech pathology. Completely wrong.

So basically, based off what they said, i continued to take the health and human resources classes for a couple of months thinking i was doing the right thing; however, i started becoming skeptical when i noticed that ashford had separate bachelors degrees in linguistics, and thats when i called and found out i was in the wrong program, per a different advisor.

You are free to sue anyone for anything.

Our constitution guarantees us the right to our court system.

Alas, in this matter, you won't prevail.

You have no case.

Hopefully some of the courses you took will be accepted for credit in some areas toward the speech pathology degree. If you were just starting out then you were likely in lower level courses that meet the needs for the curriculum in a variety of fields.

You won't get anywhere with your complaint against the school though. The counselors are there to guide you, and perhaps they blew it, but the decision to enroll in the courses was yours. You should have been familiar with the course curriculum and known which courses were required for you to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back