My picture was posted on FB wo/permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneystevenson

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I can't say why my picture was taken and posted on FB. A picture of me from head to toe with my face was posted on the festival's FB page. The person who posted the picture stated "can anyone ID this person" and "he's taking pictures of little kids" Also worded it so the reader would think that I was a pedo. Can the owner/maintainer of that FB page be held responsible for not moderating posts on their timeline and removing it?
Thanks.

You can certainly report it via the "give feedback" link which will go both to the person and to Facebook to see if it is counter to their terms. Frankly, if you were taking pictures of little kids, there's nothing illegal about them posting such nor facebook or the festival leaving it there.

When you are in public places you are subject to being photographed without permission. You are photographed many times every day without even realizing it.

If you haven't already done so you might just contact the person who put your picture out there and ask them to remove it. They don't have to, but asking nicely and clearing up any misunderstanding about your activities might be a good start.

The information you have given here doesn't seem to raise any legal concerns.

You can certainly report it via the "give feedback" link which will go both to the person and to Facebook to see if it is counter to their terms. Frankly, if you were taking pictures of little kids, there's nothing illegal about them posting such nor facebook or the festival leaving it there.
Why were you taking pictures of children you dont know?

A picture of me from head to toe with my face was posted on the festival's FB page.

Are we supposed to know what your reference to "the festival" means? Posted by whom?

Can the owner/maintainer of that FB page be held responsible for not moderating posts on their timeline and removing it?

What do you have in mind? Unless you weren't "taking pictures of little kids," I don't see any problem.

Why not contact whoever set up the FB page and/or contact FB directly? For that matter, why not contact the person who posted the picture?

@Defamation Lawyer — you posted spam on a thread that is now 6 months old. Posting spam is not allowed on this site, and posting replies to old threads is not favored. Moreover, your link indicates you are in Australia, and Australian lawyers won't be of much help to the OP, who is in the U.S. There are distinct differences between defamation law in Australia and the U.S. for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back