My neighbor wants to take me to court for harassment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction
Missouri
What is justified as harassing behavior? What evidence does she need to take me to court. We live next door and we've had several run ins with her. She threatens court for harassment bc Ive called the police on her once and it resulted in a peace disturbance citation. She has still to go to court about it, so its yet to be determined. I dont have to be there do I?
For her to take me to court for harassment what does that constitute? (Im just wondering bc Ive never had to go to court except for my divorce 16 yrs ago.)
Can someone please help me with this information...

I dont have to be there do I?

You should be there. You're the witness. If you aren't there and the case gets dismissed she'll really have grounds to sue you for harassment and filing a false police report.

Go to court and make sure she gets convicted. That'll be your defense against allegations of harassment.

Meantime, it's likely that she is blowing hot air. As long as she is just threatening to sue, she isn't suing.

But if she skates on the charges, well, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

How do I find out when and where the court date is? I have no problem going just am not sure when court date is... Do I just call city hall or court house and see when shes on the docket and just show up...
She's very good at manipulation and making ppl feel sorry for her. I just doesn't like when ppl accuse me of something Im not doing.
Do I need a lawyer?

How do I find out when and where the court date is? I have no problem going just am not sure when court date is... Do I just call city hall or court house and see when shes on the docket

Yes

and just show up...

Once you have confirmed that she's on the docket I suggest you call whoever the prosecutor is and let him/her know that you want to testify. There may be a specific procedure involved in setting that up.

Do I need a lawyer?

At this point I can imagine why. But if you have concerns it wouldn't hurt to talk to one.

I called city hall and asked if I needed to go to to court. They said the only reason I would need to be there was if she plead not guilty and and it went to trial. So I dont guess I'm going to be going, unless something pops up....

Closed.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back