my mother's stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmrd

If anyone can help me because I am beaten down. 18 days ago my mother had a stroke she is still in the hospital because of an error the hospital made when they asked for authorization for rehab from her Oxford policy which with her insurance she never needed an authorization. Oxford denied the claim for rehap based on faulty information from the hospital. My mother was so emotionally upset that night she had an extension of her first stroke. It went into an appeal and was denied again. At that point is when I found out she never needed the authorization in the first place. Now Oxford said because the request was made we now have to go through all of the motions with a second level appeal for a woman that never need authorization in the first place. Her mental and physical stability is deteriorating. She is in this hospital for 18 days when what she really needs is a rehab center. I don't know where to turn for help I have spent that last 2 full days on the phone with sooooo many different people and different answers. Her Doctor has signed a medical release for a rehab center and there is a bed waiting for her. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back