My Mother wants to take my deceased father's estate

Status
Not open for further replies.

one112ad

Jurisdiction/Place: USA - NY

My father passed June 2008 without leaving a will. He is one (1) of the five (5) shareholders of three (3) multi-family buildings. All the shareholders are brothers and sisters; the buildings' controller is my uncle. My mother was listed on the documents as the beneficiary on behave of my dad. However, the lawyer representing my mother told her to get legal documents signed by my two brothers and myself stating that she is the "sole" administrator of my father's estate. My mother does NOT plan to give anything to my brothers and me. Two of the buildings may be sold for 1 million each and the other for $500,000. My brothers and mother live in NY. The buildings are in NY. I live in NJ.

In addition, my grandfather has estate that my father is to inherit with his siblings, (my grandfather has not removed my father's name as one of he's beneficiaries).

Questions:
# 1- Do my brothers and me HAVE to give my mother "sole" right to my father's estate?
# 2- Are my brothers and me entitled to any of my father's shareholder profit?
# 3- If we sign and give my mother administrator rights, do my brothers and me lose any profit that we may have been entitled to?
# 4- If we give her administrator rights to my father's estate, do we lose any inheritance my grandfather plans to leave my father?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back