My lease was UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassiePoteet

Hello I am requesting some help in the legal area. Recently I moved out of an apartment and bought a house. My lease for the apt was up June 1st and thats when I turned in my keys and had no more ties to that place. During my stay I had some neighbors that stole some laundry out of the dryer downstairs (I know b/c they wore my clothes as if they didn't care) and they also took my outgoing mail from the mailbox. I had another neighbor across the hall from me who had the cops at his apt at least twice a week. I called the landlord as much as i could and when I did more things would go wrong. In April of 07 the day after my laundry was stolen and I seen the tenants teenagers wearing my clothes I called my landlord and told her i would not be signing another lease and I would be leaving on June 1st the last day of my lease. Since then its now October I haven't received a security deposit and when I asked for it she told me shes keeping it for cleaning the apt, which I know is bullsh$* because I kept it spotless and had three people with me to help me clean it out before I turned in my keys. and shes also trying to say I owe her for one more month because I didn't give her a notice in writing, but she didn't say anything about that when I talked to her in April. Now some collection agency is calling me and when I tried to explain myself to her she was rude cut me off and hung up on me. I don't know what to do my credit score is very good and never had a problem with past landlords. I feel like because my husband and I are young she is trying to take advantage of us. Please Help Me. I cannot afford to pay this. Please Give Advice I am Running out of time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back