My landlord has been cussing me out thru text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chell2004

I am behind on rent by 2 weeks. Told my landlord it would be paid on the 30th of May. He began cussing me out in text messages. Do I have a legal standing?

Yes, you likely will have the legal standing as defendant in an eviction action. Other than that, you have not presented evidence of anything else substantive.

Pay your rent. That will solve the problem.
If you think you can sue your landlord for being angry that you don't pay on time then you are wrong.

Pay your rent. That will solve the problem.
If you think you can sue your landlord for being angry that you don't pay on time then you are wrong.

I plan on paying my rent. Told him when he could get it. He was not in town when it was due. Not my fault. But I do not deserve to be called names and cussed
at regardless.

Your landlord also does not deserve to be stiffed for the rent until the end of May. And the issue was not that the landlord was not in town when rent was due; the issue was that you did not pay your rent when it was due.

It is extremely easy to evict a tenant in for nonpayment of rent. You should worry less about your landlord cussing you out and be more concerned that you may be standing out on the curb with all your belongings should the landlord begin the process of filing for a eviction through the court system.

Gail

Well he is going to get his rent. I pay my bills. I don't deserve to be talked to that way whether I pay or not.

"I pay my bills."

Except, it appears, for your rent. Please understand that Georgia is a very landlord friendly state. You need to stop worrying about how mean our landlord spoke to you and begin worrying about sitting on the curb with all your belongings, evicted for nonpayment of rent.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back