F Visa My H1b Approve and i am on F-1, if I change college does approved H1b (start from Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunil1313

My H1b Approve and i am on F-1, if I change college does approved H1b (start from Oct 1 2012) will convert to F-1?

I was on student F-1 visa, my OPT finish on February 18 2012 and after that I started the PC tech. March 6 to August 08, 2012. I have been applied for H-1 b for in April and got H-1B approcal on april end . I am being advice by PC Tech school to attend scholl untill September 30 and from October 1st my H-1 will be implimented from F-1 to H-1B.
On Aug 9, 2012 SEVIS annouced as per attachement. Can you please advice in this case what should I do? should I wait till October 1 or get schoold admission and I do not need to get admission in school to maintain my F-1. The main question is = If I will get admission my H-1b will change to F-1?
Can you please help on that.

There is no attachment to your post. My first thought is that if you are getting legal advice from an experienced person and someone in a position to advise you, then you should consider that wisdom in the absence of having a consultation with an immigration lawyer.

Here is my guess as to what might answer your question. F1 students that have pending H-1B petitions or approved H-1B petitions can qualify to keep their F1 status for an extended period of time (during and subsequent to the F1 period.) Take a look at this Cap Gap Fact Sheet and this DMV Fact Sheet which seem to have a good explanation of how the "cap gap" applies to a driver's license application. Let's say you don't qualify for the cap gap. If your authorization to stay expires prior to October 1, you have a problem. You'll have to exit the country and apply to be admitted back into the country via your H-1B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back