Consumer Law, Warranties My Gym breached their contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemnv

I am a member of a gym in Las Vegas (G**** G****). I contracted for personal training for a year, and i made my payments and met my obligation. The problem is my trainer was not certified (I found this information after confronting my trainer/ wanted to see his certification) My trainer has left the gym, he is now certified. I asked the manager about certification of trainers and I was told "all trainers are must be certified" Do I have any recourse againt this gym? Can I get my money back? The gym is taking the posture that it would be impossible for their trainers "not" to be certified. I know for a fact that was not the case, and they have not been able to prove otherwise.

Well, yours wasn't at the time but you got to benefit from some of his training. Besides, what is the difference between a certified and non-certfied trainer? A piece of paper? Were the exercise routines feel any different if they had been given to you by him if he had that piece of paper? This is one silly case. You have no merit...

They advertise that trainers are all certified - thats my point. Certification is a big deal in that industry. When you pay a premium you want the best.

take it to People's Court

Get proof of your trainer's certification. If it's issued on a date later than your contract with the gym, I'd say you have a small claims case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back