My girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadefiend

ok, i'm 15, will be 16 this summer and my girlfriend is 16
I live in michigan and she lives in Pennsylvania
We both want her to come up to michigan for the summer so we can spend time together

My mom however, is edgy because she's worried about lawsuites if my girlfriend somehow gets hurt or in an accident while "undermy mother's care"

Is there any way to get around this, could my girlfriend legally be under her own care?

I really need to know that laws on responsibility for leaving two 16 yr olds home alone (one not being your child but technically under your care or her own) for my mother's info and if that would be considered child neglect

when can a child technically be responsible for themselves? and what do you have to go about doing to be responsible for yourself

Could her parents file any lawsuites if something does happen to her, even if they agree that she can come to michigan???

This is all very important to me, and i need to know the risks and reprocutions asap.

PLEASE HELP US

Last edited:
Tell your folks that you want to make sure that your liability insurance covers your girlfriend.

how much do you think would be a decent amount for liability insurance to cover?

and what all wold the liability insurance cover?

and since age of consent is 16 in both states, what could they do if she got pregnant on accident? ... as long as it's after i turn 16

Q: how much do you think would be a decent amount for liability insurance to cover?

A: Ten million dollars.

Q: and what all wold the liability insurance cover?

A: This could be answered by your insurance agent.

Q: and since age of consent is 16 in both states, what could they do if she got pregnant on accident? ... as long as it's after i turn 16

A: I didn't know you could get insurance for this!:no:

Q: how much do you think would be a decent amount for liability insurance to cover?

A: Ten million dollars.

Q: and what all wold the liability insurance cover?

A: This could be answered by your insurance agent.

Q: and since age of consent is 16 in both states, what could they do if she got pregnant on accident? ... as long as it's after i turn 16

A: I didn't know you could get insurance for this!:no:

Halarious!:D

on that last question i wasnt talking about insurance, the first question i meant what is the average, and you've been a great help guys, thanks for making fun of me

on that last question i wasnt talking about insurance, the first question i meant what is the average, and you've been a great help guys, thanks for making fun of me

On that last question...

If you were to get your girlfriend pregnant there would be a whole world of different ramifications (not just legal) you would be forced to deal with. More than you possibly could even think of. My advice: finish high school, go do something with your life before you think about reproducing.

I wasn't making fun of you.

What if the girl (for example) would injure herself permanently on the trampoline?

Ten million dollars maybe wouldn't even cover her lifetime care!

I just want to know what the parents could do if she willingly came here, knowing the risks (injury) and btw, christy, i don't plan on getting her pregnant, i'm talking about IFF it did happen, so i'd appreciate it if you left the matter to seniorjudge, who actually tries to help instead of stabbing me.

I just want to know what the parents could do if she willingly came here, knowing the risks (injury) and btw, christy, i don't plan on getting her pregnant, i'm talking about IFF it did happen, so i'd appreciate it if you left the matter to seniorjudge, who actually tries to help instead of stabbing me.

The parents could raise all kinds of hell for you; I don't know the answer because I don't know the parents.

If you got her pregnant, then you would be paying child support the rest of your life for the kid.

I never meant that you were trying to get her pregnant...it doesn't matter if it was an accident or on purpose, the ramifications would still be the same.

I never meant that you were trying to get her pregnant...it doesn't matter if it was an accident or on purpose, the ramifications would still be the same.

Yes, on the ramifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back