My ex husband and his friends keep spreading vicious lies about me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calibabe83

I am in the middle of a very nasty custody battle over my 3 year old Daughter. My ex husband has written many declarations stating that I am sleeping around, that I have an eating disorder, and that I am a very unstable person and should not be allowed around our Daughter. My Daughter also has an Attorney who I have only talked to a few times and he has even told other lawyers I know that he believes I have an eating disorder. Is that really fair of him to say that about me when it really isn't true? I am very skinny but I have always been told by Doctor's that I just have a high metabolism. I just don't know what to do about the lies he is telling. Can I take him to court for defamation of character? Honestly what he is saying is ruining my life and my chances of regaining custody of my Daughter. I lost her to him for the lies he has told about me in court. Also his friends keep telling my bf that they supposedly hooked up with me which is another lie. I read somewhere that defamation of character involves your reputation which they are really ruining mine. If they have told my bf all these untrue things about me and he knows that it's lowering my reputation would I have a defamation claim? I can prove that the allegation of me sleeping around, having an eating disorder and supposedly being unstable are untrue. How do I go about suing them for the humiliation and lowering of my reputation? If anyone has any advice please let me know, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back