My ex-babysitter is taking me to small claims court

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiesmom

My ex- babybsitter has filed a claim in small claims court stating that I owe her 2 weeks pay. We had a contract- in the contract it stated that either parent or provider would give 2 weeks notice to terminate contract, it did not state written. I did inform her 2 weeks before placing my daughter in a state registered daycare. My reason for termniating the contract was because she was not able to adequately care for her. She called me on 2 different occasions at my job with excuses that she would not be able to watch my child nad because of this my husband was suspended an additional day and I still paid her for the full week. Also several times she aasked me if she could take my daughter with her to extracurricilar activities that would last longer than the usual time she was suppossed to be wathcing my daughter. One time she took my daughter with her to a game and was unreachable for 2 1/2 hours. Her cell was turned off I called her 15 times. This woman has 5 children of her own and when I hired her she stated that that she would only be watching my daughter, that week I found out she was watching about 4 other kids in addition to her own. The court asked me to respond within 30 days, I would like advicde on what how I should respond and what I should present to the judge. Does she really have a leg to stand on? When she called to threaten me she stated to me that she has done this several times before. Any advice is appreciated. !

You and her read like you both have an idea your right, sueing for principle, but if a contract is in writing, then somthing verbal was agreed to, the writen contract wins. Get all you evidence together, pay stubs showing the time off work, compared with your checks to her, anything that will prove you are on the up and up. If you can show she breached your contract by neglecting your children during her extracurricilar activities bring that as well. Also judges are not as blind as they might seem, fight this case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back