Medical Malpractice My Doctor Withheld Mri Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

genias

I Have Been Having Moderate To Severe Headaches For Over A Year Now. In September Of 2006 My Family Doctor Sent Me To The Local Hospital To Get An Mri. Three Days After The Mri, My Doctor's Nurse Called Me And Said, " We Got The Results From Your Mri, Everything Is Normal And Nothing Was Found." Now For The Past Nine Months I Have Continued To Have Headaches..
I Have Been To A Rheumatologist, Eye Doctor, And A Chiropractor. All Have Had Their Own Opinion As To Why I Am Having Headaches. But All Agree That I Do Not Have Migraine Symptoms. I Decided That I Would Get My Family Doctor To Refer Me To Someone Else, Possibly A Neurologist Or Someone That Specializes In Headaches So I Requested A Copy Of That Mri That I Had Done Back In Sept. Of 2006 So That I Could Take It With Me To The New Doctors Office. I Received That Report Yesterday And The Findings Were A Total Shock To Me Since My Doctors Had Said Everything Was Fine..i Called My Doctors Office To See Why I Was Not Told Of The Findings And The Nurse Said That She Told Me What The Doctor Told Her To Say. Finally When I Spoke To My Doctor She Stated That The Findings On The Report Were Incidental And Therefore She Felt That There Was Nothing That I Needed To Know..the Findings Were As Follows:
1. There Is Some Motion Artifact On A Few Of The Images.
2. There Appears To Be A Small Posterior Fossa Arachnoid Cyst Near The Foramen Magnum.
3. Note Is Made Of An Enlarged Perivascular Space Adjacent To The Anterior Commissure On The Left.
Please Let Me Know If These Are Things That I Should Have Been Informed Of Nine Months Ago.
Because The Symptoms Of An Arachnoid Cyst Are Headaches, Tremors, Dizziness, Nausea, Vertigo, Temporary Hearing Loss, And Seizures. The Seizures Are The Only Symptom That I Have Not Had Yet.

I Could Really Use Some Help With This.
Thank You, Genia Seals

Boy, I sure do appreciate all of the replies that I have gotten.. Lets me know where I stand in the scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back