Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant My day in court

Status
Not open for further replies.

imrich2

Finally I get my day in court. For those of you that haven't heard heard my story let me give you a brief recap. I am a business owner with offices based in dallas, tx and atlanta, ga. While taking currency from one place to the other, the money was taken by louisiana state troopers and called drug money. All attempts to retrieve the currency that belongs to my business have been shot down by the judicial system in louisiana. I have had good relations with the appeals court though. The appeals court informs me that it cannot rule against the incorrect actions until my case is finalized. Finally my day has arrived. I have business receipts, ein number, even dnb number, business license, and tax returns filed this year. I sent this information to the d.a. last year through lawyers, and they say that my currency is illegal drug proceeds. I have never been charged with a drug crime. How is it that, you are guilty until proven innocent, and still a dealer if they say you are. If they dont return my money, how am I supposed to pay my taxes? I guess it is more important to them if they can get a new fitness center for the officers, rather tahan me take my hard earned money and support my family and be allowed to conduct my business. Since when is having money a crime?

Sounds like the troopers were taking a shot that you wouldn't fight back for your money and probably never thought you'd have all of your paper work and receipts to prove it was your money from legal means. Their mind set was probably, "what can we lose if we keep the money?". The fact is that most states work this improper way and most do it through highway patrol and the other sad fact is that most legal citizens won't be able to fight back for their money because they haven't kept all of the receipts and proof. Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back