My child is being choked at school

Status
Not open for further replies.

concered_parent

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, I'm new to this and can't find were to go for help, but anyways....
My 7 year old daughter is being choked and teased at school. The teasing started in kindergargen, I told her to just ignore the boy that was doing it. She's now in first grade, and I thought the teasing had stoped. Come to find out Friday my daughter told me that the boy was still teasing her and that his friend choked her. My husband talked to the school that day and they said that they were aware of that incident and the boy was going to be punished at home. Well it happened agian today and my husband talked to the school again today and they informed him that this has been happening persistently since the start of the school year. Oviously the school doesn't see this as a problem since they neglected to tell us about the previous attacks when they happened and are not doing enough to prevent further incidents. What legal action can be taken, if any?

Well this sounds pretty serious.

Also the school superintendent should be notified since the principal does not appear to be taking this seriously.

How old is this boy? If it were my parents, they would be marching over to this childs house and talking to the parents and telling this boy to stop all contact with their child.

Perhaps its time to see an attorney and threaten legal action. The school has an obligation to protect the child now that they know there is a problem with this child. It probably would not hurt to talk to an attorney and see what they say.

Good luck

concered parent said:
The boy is 6 or 7. Does anyone think we Should involve the police in this by Filing a report or getting a restraining order?
I doubt that a judge will issue a restraining order in this case. The child is not likely to be capable of forming the requisite intent to violate the order, nor is he likely to be seen as being capable of forming the intent to commit a crime (ergo, the police probably cannot do anything here).

If you cannot receive satisfaction from the school adminstration I would ditto the recommendation that you contact the district offices.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back