my belongings being held randsome from prior land lord in exchange for his garage opener and money

ChrisKoolaid

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hello I lived with Kevin Knight for about 2 weeks he's a former friend and I knew since I used to live in the neighborhood and he said once my car gets out the shop I told him and we agree that I pay rent from there but things went bad days before my car was ready and he kicked me out june 15 2017 and that night I took all my stuff which I thought I took everything and police was called that night by himself so I was unable to take my microwave in my blue Tooth head set my sheets and my and my Goodyear Sneakers he said in exchange for the rest of my stuff that I left he wants his garage door opener and $100 I had called police the next day for my stuff and we never had no lease I never agreed on giving him $100 before I left he's just did, the police told me it's a civil matter small courts claim.

My question is is he legally allowed to keep my stuff without no lease no paperwork or nothing stating my being there just 2 weeks barely he's allowed to hold my items my personal belongings.

The police told you correctly. You have a dispute over propeety. If you can't settle it on your own then settle it in small claims.

Why not make an offer.... In exchange for the rest of your belongings you will give him the garage opener and anything else that doesn't belong to him AND you won't sue him for holding property that doesn't belong to him. Then you both part ways and never look at or speak to each other again.

Back