multi owner well

Status
Not open for further replies.

nina50

I am on an 8 owner well - 3 of the owners are full time, the other 5 are part time. Two of the full timers decided recently that all the individual lines should have shut off and water meters installed, to a tune of $750 each. The total annual water bill is about $50 each ($400 total), so I am against the expenditure of $750. I would rather put money aside for well and pump maintenance and repairs.
The 2 full timers shut off the well water to three of the homes (including mine) and have authorized someone to come in and install the shut offs and water meters at the point that each house's water pipe exits from the main. They also intend to install these on their own homes.
I told them that I am not interested in paying for something that I feel is unneeded and fiscally unsound. I told the workman doing the installation that I did not want the work done on my house and that I would not be paying for this. My suspicion is that the work will be done without my permission/approval since a similar situation occurred in regards to the subdivision roads.
We do not have an official subdivision or well authority, though I would be in favor of that. No one has authority, but this one neighbor does what he wants without previous notification and then attempts to bill us. If we stick to our principles and do not pay for substandard work (the road) or unnecessary work (the water meters) he loudly proclaims to any neighbor who will listen who does and who does not pay. This has not helped neighborly relationships at all.

Do you have any advice for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back