Personal Bankruptcy Mr

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberc3695

I am thinking about filing chapter 13 bankruptcy my chapter 7 bankruptcy was discharged on 01/02/2008 , I am disabled now and in default was waiting for my social security disibility to be approved I was 12 months in default on my mortgage by then . but when I started receiving SSDI income I started making payments I send them my whole check it is 1168.00 my payment is 809.00 a month so every other month they get a double payment. I keep filing a request for modification while it is in review they cant forclose but Iam not eligible for a modification or a work out plan because my loan is an FHA loan and they wont use nonborrowers income or household income there rules I am the only borrower on the loan my wife is on the deed though by law . so by just using my income of SSDI 1168 dollars it dissqualifies me I am currently 7 months delinquent and they are accepting my payments for now . I would not be able to handle a foreclosure I have lived in this house since 1984 and took care of my grandma with ulziemers and was able to purchase the house in 2009 . If the bank files foreclosure on me will I be able to file chapter 13 bankruptcy and still keep the house . my wife just lost her job that is going to make it rough for now but Istill plan on making the payments I don't want to loose the house we have my wifes sons girlfriend living with us to help some please let me know what my options are if the bank forecloses . sincerely

I suggest you visit a couple BK attorneys in your area and let them tell you your options.
You probably can do what you want, but seek real advice for a real problem.
The first consultation is often given FREE of charge.

Good luck.

Agree, you need the help of a bankruptcy attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back