Consumer Law, Warranties Mr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caspa

hello,

not sure where to start...

my brother in law, and his family were recently evicted from the trailor park they lived in for 6 1/2 yrs for reasons beyond HIS control. They are know staying with us :(

the trailor had been puchased by his in-laws and in their name as he and his wife could not get credit. when they took the loan his in-laws included the price of the trailor and some of his in-laws credit card pay offs and my brother in law agreed to pay the $200 mth for the next 10yrs (24,000 of which 4,000 is belived to be CC pay off) He baiscly agreed to pay their debts as well? after being evicted her family turned their backs on them but they were quick to take a free $600 refrigerator and a $50. lawnmower that my brother in law purchased. all this time my brother in law was paying them in cash and has no receipts. except for the lot rent that was in brother in laws name (pd by check or money order), the deed to the trailor is in his wifes name and they want to sell it. her parents are now harrasing them for payment of the trailor and my brother in law and wife feel that thay pd their part. was this verbal agreement binding? my brother in law did not sign any papers agreeing to pay their debt and they were young and nieve to understand what they were getting into at the time. what should they do? they just want to stop paying but i dont want them to do something stupid.

caspa

Your post is confusing, could you clear it up a little?

How is the loan secured, whose name is on the loan and whose names are on the title to the trailer? I am talking about what the documents actually show, not what someone tells you they show.

What is the current value of the trailer and how much remains on the loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back