Moved out due to landlord not fixing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodapop

I signed a lease, but moved after 4 months. The landlord said she would fix several things and only fixed one. She was to fix the toilet and didnt and it caused me a high water bill. She was suppose to fix the paint that was peeling frm ceiling from the bathroom not having any ventilation. There was a problem with the plumbing in both the kitchen and bathroom area, the kitchen was a small leak that caused MOLD and made my son sick, he was diagnosed with asthma and allergies about 4 years ago. He had gotten very ill while living in the home, the landlord was notified about the problem. My son was diagnosed with the flu, a virus and bronchitis, also a upper respiratory infection. He had severe stomache pain I had to carry him to my car and into the ER, because he was so ill he could not stand up. I asked my landlord for my deposite back, she said no that I owed her 400.00 for not giving a 30 days notice, I told her that I had 3 different doctors me that i needed to move so As soon as i found something i let her know and I gave a 10 day notice of removal. But she wanted to keep my deposite and also me pay her 400.00 for the rent she was missing out on. When I moved the house was spotless, I shampooed carpets fixed nail holes and replaced all blowed light bulbs. It was in perfect condition when it wasnt when i moved in. But I told her i was taking her to small claims court, well she beet me to it only because she works in the same building. So I filed a counter claim against her asking for my deposite and four months rent back. Do you think I have a case, she was notified a month and half before I had moved about the MOlD problem. She also had the four months to fix the other problems and did not do it. Thanks Sodapop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back