Repairs, Maintenance Moved into a house with Brown Recluse infestation, Flooding in basement No AC upstair

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsets4me2fl

I moved into a two story house in March. Everything started going downhill. The upstairs was extremely hot due to the fact that the ac vents do not work. The carpet in the stairs is loose and I have fallen down and had to go to the E.R recently. We have had a horrible smell of mold that we cannot get rid of. Then the worst of all started Brown Recluse spiders started coming out from everywhere. All over the house. Crawling all over my bed and my children's beds on the walls just everywhere. I told the landlord who had an exterminator spray poison inside my house twice and these spiders are huge and just keep coming into my room. We cannot sleep we make rounds and look for them at night and my husband catches them and we fear for our 3 children's safety. We have literally had them crawling on our arms and face. The Landlord has a huge 1 acre garden full of so many different plants that have overgrown and refuses to let us cut them. I told her I could not take it anymore and needed to move out. The bathroom leaks and it has carpet in the bathroom so the smell of urine is so horrible I have spent so much money spraying the yard cleaning the leaking bathroom. and all the medical bills I incurred from my fall over the loose carpet in the stairs. The upstairs carpet is so nasty from the previous tenants it has stains from dogs or cat poop. She screwed a carpet to cover a nasty stain in the bathroom. The Vents are full of pet hair and have rust all over. There are bugs crawling into the house from the ac vents and when you turn them on it smells terrible. When I moved into this place it was still cold and I had portable heaters so I had no clue how the ac would smell like. It has been a real nightmare now I am going to loose my 650 dollar deposit and have to spend more money on moving. She doesn't want to return my deposit The refrigerator doesn't work it freezes all my food. I told her about it and she just never fixed it. She just complains about having to spend money on the exterminator and I am so stressed out and in pain from falling. what can I do ?I have never had to deal with so many issues. They act like its not a big deal but it is and the amount of money I have spent no one is going to refund it. now she is telling me I have to move out and she is keeping my deposit which I find so unfair. She put a huge dehumidifier in the basement without my permission and expects me to pay for the electric charges to run that thing when its clearly a leak in her property that is causing her basement to flood. I looked it up and its like 75 dollar extra a month to run that thing (just an estimate) said the electric company.

How well did you check out the house before you moved in?

If you have repair requests you should put them in writing, or at last follow the guidelines in your lease.
Had you inspected the residence before moving in you could have discovered much of this. Hopefully you noted these conditions in writing before moving in, otherwise you may have difficulty getting your deposit back.

The issues did not arise until I was living there after a month. It was cold in march and the stairs did not seem like the carpet was loose until I actually vacuumed them and noticed theey were not actually tagged down at all. I didn't mind the carpet I figured I could clean it but the spiders is something that I cannot overlook and the fact that I am unable to use the upstairs because it is so hot up there the ac does not work up there I am paying to rent a home and then whole upstairs is so hot even if I blast the ac its still 90 degrees up there.

She told me the ac was brand new and I have tried to make it work. I have actually bought poison myself to kill these spiders, gotten glue traps and caught over 20 of them and it scared me to think of my children getting bit and living deformed or having to have their arm or leg amputated. It is a very hard decision for me to have to move.

From the outside the house looks great and in the time I had moved the garden was not grown at all. I have never had a garden I never expected that it would get so huge she has corn growing on the land and so many different plant that's it s insane. at night it sounds like a jungle out there. I have snakes and so many different animals there she keeps telling me that it is going to cost her 7 grand to fix her garden cause I do not go out there and manually weed it there's like an acre of land. I cannot weed it. I told her I would mow it all out and she told me I should move that her garden was not to be mowed, On my lease it states I am only responsible for mowing the yard. So I really do not know why she wants to keep the garden. I have never had one but If I cut it down wont it just grow back next season? I believe that's the reasons so many bugs are coming into the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back