Motorcycle Accident-

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazin678

Hi- I was injured in a Motorcycle accident- other party at fault, no issues there-

He carried $100K limits on liability on his auto insurance, and my medical bills are already at $60K and climbing- two broken legs, arm, wrist, rod in tibia, etc- I am looking at a year plus of recovery time alone.

My lawyer wants to settle for the $100K now, and claims that after a "check", the other party has no significant assets.... But the paid-for luxury house and UK nationality leads me to suspect otherwise;

Is it true, as my lawyer is telling me, that I have a choice of either accepting the $100K insurance and nothing else, OR take him to court and sue for assets, thus foregoing any insurance money-

Is this truly and "either-or" decision? Why can't the insurance company pay the first $100K of ANY court judgement, leaving the balance to the assets of the driver?

Also, what is the easiest way to determine the assets of an individual in this situation? I am concerned that my lawyer just wants my case off her desk, so to speak, and won't protect my interests as my medical bills continue to accrue for years to come- I am skeptical that this 71 yr old retired couple living in a paid-for luxury home truly does not have any other assets.

Thank you for any and all light you can shed for me on this matter!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back