1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Motion to Seal

Discussion in 'Criminal Records, Expungement' started by persnicketyparsnip, Nov 22, 2018.

1. persnicketyparsnip

persnicketyparsnip Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Washington
    Hello,

I have a 12 year-old vacated gross misdemeanor case in washington state. I wish to seal the case as there is private medical information which can be inferred from reading the public files. I spoke with a lawyer at a "free lawyer advice" event. They helped me create a Motion to Seal document draft (as this isn't a stock form I could find at the Washington Law Help website).

I would like to file the Motion to Seal. I know to file it at the superior court clerk's office but am uncertain of the exact procedure involved and corresponding motions to file with it. I am wondering if anyone here can give me a run down of the steps so I can accomplish this.

Thank you

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

The procedure varies by jurisdiction.
    The court clerk should be able to explain procedure to you. You need to do this at the court where you were convicted.

You should already have this information as it was easy accessible, but I will provide it anyway. Be sure to read the link at the bottom for Rule 15 as well.

Washington State Courts - News, Reports, Court Information