1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Motion to Dismiss

Discussion in 'Lawyers, Legal Practice, Ethics & the Bar' started by 6218, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6218

6218 Law Topic Starter New Member

Could you please advise me on how to file a motion to dismiss my public defender from representing me in my criminal case....my case is in a few weeks and I don't feel proper representation and I know I have rights.

2. Scooterdog

Scooterdog New Member

Call the clerk of court, they should have a form you fill out, and the judge will decide if you get a new lawyer or not.

A motion to dismiss is a motion to dismiss the case, not the lawyer.

3. 6218

I'm in oshkosh facility so its kind of hard for me to go and get the file myself.....is there somewhere on-line where I can retrieve the document or can I just write a letter to the judge requesting a new public defender?

4. 6218

The judge is the one that told me that I have to file a motion to dismiss...I just not sure how to go by doing so....