mother wont pay whats owed to me

tammymarcum

Jurisdiction
West Virginia
Sold my mother a car and even letting her get car for $1000 she refuses to pay me and hasnt paid me in 3 months we made a contract for $250 a month i messed up allowing her to put the car in her name, sherrifs said i cant not repo it she can charge me with joy riding, my truck is in her name and i have paid $4270 of my truck off and since i am talking about taking her to court for the car she had car lot pick my truck up and she turned it insaying she didnt want truck any more.... car lot wrote a letter saying i am the only person that pays the payments on my truck and she got the truck for me, will courts find in my favor and make her pay me back what i paid into the truck, cant believe my own mother would put me through this when i was only trying to help her out by selling her my other car

The title is what prevails, not who makes the payments. If both vehicles are titled in her name then they belong to her. Since she gave the truck back to the car lot, you may be able to now purchase it and put it in your name.

Back