mother and son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody can sue anyone for anything. Is it likely he will win? No. If he does not like to pay rent he can move elsewhere.

Is your mother paying for your college? Legally your mother doesn't have to pay for you to go to college, so if you sue her don't you think that would upset her and she would stop paying your tuition if she is paying it? A lot of parents charge their children rent once they have turned 18 and are still living at home. If you don't want to pay the rent to her you then have to look for another place to live and pay rent anyway. If your college has dorms you may want to look into how much that would cost and whether or not you could do that.

I'm not sure if the son was writing or the mother was writing. A son wont win if he takes his mother to court for making him pay rent but if there is other money the mother owes the son he probably could win depending on why the mother owes the son money. Like if I borrowed $3000 from my son and said I would pay him back and never did, he could take me to court for that money. But it's perfectly legal to charge a child rent if they are 18 and living with the parent while going to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back