Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Motel Room Bust charged with simple Possession Marijuana and crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk138

Hi all, I am just in need of little legal advice maybe.I was with an friend at a motel..I know her but we are not like close friends or anything.Anyways,the police bust in and immediately proceed to cuff us
before being told what we are being arrested for.We did smoke a joint in the
room well before the police came.After the cuffs were on they said bluntly,where are the drugs and my friend immediately spoke up and told her they were in her purse.She had crack on her person and enough to imply
she dealing.Then they gave the miranda and asked if there were anything else they need to know about before they get to the precinct.I admitted to
them I had 2 $10 bags(weed) in my purse.They looked in it and confiscated and off to jail i went.I spent several days in jail and were then release with nothing
to pay.My friend confessed to crack and she aready had a prior drug offence and is currently sentenced on that.This transpired 07/16/07.This is my
first offence ever.I think my rights have been intendedly vioated.They are now trying to charge for simple possession and for what my friend had and confessed to which I think is illegal.Someone she knew tipped the police off and that is why they bust in.when I went to my court day,which was scheduled out of town,they tell me no court today and to come back 4 days later which would be friday.When I get there,they just detain and lock me up.I spent several days until the judge came and set my court day.again i
think I was false arrested.I live in Mississippi which is a decriminalized state and on first offence it should be fine and no jail time.Can they pin these other charges on me which i think is ridiculously illegal? if they can,can i go to jail for what my friend had and confessed to? I can not afford a lawyer so the judge assigned a public defender.Can my case be misguided by him even though all the clear facts are there of being I only had weed in purse? What
should I be prepared for?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back