Mortgage with Ex-boyfriend who isn't paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugnme

I purchased a house with my boyfriend a few years back. It was purchased very reasonably from his parents. We are both on the mortgage that is only $450/month.
We broke up two years ago and I thought it was only fair that he kept the house that he grew up in. He took over the responsibility of mortgage payments. Over the past two years he has always been late paying and the bank repeatedly calls me since he is often without a phone. It always gets paid before foreclosure when I call his mom and she ends up paying. I told him to refinance or to sell it and move out because he has destroyed my credit. I have had one credit card cancelled and another double the interest rate simply because of this mortgage. I had perfect credit up until about a year and a half ago.
For this past year I have been telling him he has until the end of the year to fix it. He remains mostly unemployed and I need to resolve this one way or another even if it means forcing him to agree to sell or refinance. I'm sure his credit is now destroyed to the point that he will be unable to refi on his own.
What options do I have to stop this from further ruining my credit and get off or get rid of the mortgage before this gets foreclosed - which seems bound to happen.
Also, his mother keeps telling me to sign a quitclaim which from my understanding will take me off the title but leave me on the mortgage. Consequently I have repeatedly refused.

Thanks to any who can help!

Quit Claim will do nothing for you as you will still be on the mortgage. You will have to talk with his mother and convince hime to refinance it himself or you take over it yourself if they agree to this. Do not quit claim while you are still on the mortgage.

Hi, this is jackson and I would like to say that I am a mortgage agent. This is very nice forum and I liked it.
=================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back