Mortgage company won't close because property has 2 meters

StableBuyer

Contract for a property with no conditions was accepted. I realize now that was not wise but it was the only way the seller would accept a contract. This property is a rather unique historic stable in the middle of DC. Seller had problems with getting lines redrawn and needed an extension so an agreement was reached to extend the closing date for him. A week before closing the mortgage company (obtained through a mortgage broker) came back and said they needed another 10% down on top of the original 20% down. That was submitted. Sitting at the table at closing the mortgage company decided they could not close because the property had two electric meters. They had all of that information from day one. Four days later they decided it was okay. However, the seller now refuses to close because I was in breach of contract and demands my $80,000 down payment.

Hire yourself a lawyer. There's nothing a small, free Internet site can do for you, except to tell you what you already knew, HIRE A LAWYER.

Back