Mortage Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virginia1

I'm in a situation where I attained a home equity line a few months back through a local broker. It was a variable rate loan that the broker assured me could be "locked-in" at any given time. It was even mentioned on a conference call in front of the closing attorney. This option was never in the contract but was a service offered to customers. They dropped that option because of the current mortgage crisis without warning. I have that statement orally and in countless emails expressed to me. The lending instituation now won't offer that option and the broker has washed his hands of the matter. Do I have any legal recourse against someone that promised me something and could'nt deliver? Thanks in advance. Virginia1

Not really. Market conditions can dictate when an offer can be revoked and for that they don't have to officially notify you of such action.

Thank you for your response. Is'nt there any recourse against the broker I could take? Especially since I entered into a contract based on his expertise and relationship with the lender. I explained to him at closing that I need the flexibility to fix the rate soon. He actually discouraged me from doing that at the moment because the rates were so low but I wanted to get the process finalized. I think I should be entitled to a refund of the closing fees since things won't work out for me now.

No legal recourse here since you could have stopped the transaction anytime prior or during closing to demand that the terms be changed to your specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back