Moped Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmsee

I let borrow the moped to a licensed driver and he wrecked it. When I was called to the scene there were two people on the moped appearing driving. The accident happened on the private property (the house) and instead of calling police and getting the kids in trouble i handled it with his parents. The kid who I gave the scooter claimed that the other kid was driving and he is 14 and has no license to operate it. After the accident happened I talked to the parents and the said they will pay the half and other kid said he will too since his parents were not home. Since parents had financial trouble I made the payment plan with them and they agreed and so far they paid $190 dolalrs where it should have been total amount $550 to this date. I see that both parties are responsible and should just split the amount in half. The kid who barrowed the scooter is trying and almost payed his half but the other kid is just refusing to do anything. His parents do not want to cooperate with me either. Are both of them responsible or just the guy who borrowed the scooter. I need some legal advice on what to do
Thanks

The person who was a licensed driver is responsible, however, per your posting, you don't indicate who that party was but you got a pretty good deal by having the two alledged riders of the moped split the cost of the damages. What you should do if the uncooperative party does not step up and pay his share is take him to small claims court to recover the unpaid balance. I am sure once he receives the summons with the claim on it, he will be willing to get caught up with the balance to avoid an appearance in court. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back