Money Taken From My Savings Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

edith1006

My jurisdiction is: New Jersey - US

Today I checked my Savings Account when I found that there's an automatic Transfer in the amount of $6,247.45 + another Transfer Fee of $125 made on Oct 20th. Yesterday I picked up my mail but didn't open it but after checking this, I decided to check my mail as well. I found a letter saying that this was a "follow up" letter they sent on Aug 15th which I never received. And this letter dated Oct 20th, I received it yesterday Sat October 25th.

This is what the letter says:
"At the time we informed u that we received a Notice of Levy from t Superior Court of NJ, Hudson County for $6,247.35. Ur also informed that funds in ur acct were to be frozen until the situation was resolved"
First of all I never ever received any letter form the Superior Court regarding this matter. Second of all, I didn't receive t 1st letter my Bank said they sent to me. Because how stupid would that be from me that @ the moment I receive a letter explaining me what the situation was, I just decided to ignore it? And I was making transfer between my two accounts during this period & everything was fine. Then I never even suspected that something was going wrong.

"We would now like to notify you that we have received an order to turn over the funds to the Superior Court of NJ for the amount of $6,247.35. Subsequently, we have withdrawn $ 6,247.35 from your acct # xxxxxxx & have sent it to their office. In addition, there's a $125.00 service fee charged to this transaction. Enclosed please find receipts for these withdrawals
"

Can they do that? Is that legal? How come the Bank just gave them my information? I never gave my Saving Account to nobody. How responsible is the Bank on this case? I'm going to the Bank of course to find out what exactly is this about? But how can the Court take my money just like that? I never was notified that I was being sued. I have no idea what is this about. And once the Court took my money, is there any chance for me to get it back?

Thanx so much for ur help in advance

Edith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back