Money Fraud on olx

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvsingh3

Hi,
I had made a deal with a individual from Banglore to purchase a product from him on OLX ,I even had a talk with him over the phone and also on WhatsApp.As discussed I made an advance payment of 4000 as 2 transactions of Rs 2000 each,But now he doesn't seem to be responding to my messages and even his phone is switched off.I have already informed PayTM an OLX of potential fraud and asked me to provide whatever information they can provide to help track him down.Please advice me the legal course of action I can take now.

Attachments

• auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180807_1571161aa50de4020a36b57ff85c00ac.jpg
    auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180807_1571161aa50de4020a36b57ff85c00ac.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
We deal with US law here - you'll have to either deal with a site that discusses your local law (India?) or consult with a local attorney.

One thing is universal though - don't send strangers you've never met money over the Internet for products you've never seen.

Hi,
I had made a deal with a individual from Banglore to purchase a product from him on OLX ,I even had a talk with him over the phone and also on WhatsApp.As discussed I made an advance payment of 4000 as 2 transactions of Rs 2000 each,But now he doesn't seem to be responding to my messages and even his phone is switched off.I have already informed PayTM an OLX of potential fraud and asked me to provide whatever information they can provide to help track him down.Please advice me the legal course of action I can take now.

You were scammed out of about 58-60 US Dollars.

I suggest you never send money to strangers.

Consider the $60 tuition for the SCAMS 101 course.

Live and learn, don't be fooled again.

Well he asked me for $200 that was just the advance.Although, I was able alert the concerned authorities

1.OLX- who said they had his IP address, location associated accounts with the police.
2.PayTm- the payment gateway app which is linked to his mobile number, said that they could share the transaction details of his account.
3.the Network Operator his mobile was registered to-said that they could share details like IMEI number,last known locations he called from with the local authorities.
Then I lodged an FIR with the police explaining my pridacment and provided them the all the details.
They would probably be able to track him down with the copious details that I have provided.

I am not concerned about 60 dollars but it will be fun getting him arrested over 60 dollars.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back