Mom vs Stepsister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius1953

My jurisdiction is: CA, USA

My Mom age 82 and step dad 83 live in AZ so my stepsister could help them out when needed. Both have macular degeneration. Mom has in both eyes. Stepsister has /had POA and treating my Mom and stepdad like a little kids. Stepsister told my Mom years ago she was going to get rid of her, either by bring her to my house in CA. and dropping her off, or sticking her in a nursing home. Mom hurt her back 5 months ago. Went to the hospital, then a rehab center, then moved to what my stepsister told her was a new rehab center across the street from their apt. Mom not able to see or hear well, signed papers for LTC . Stepsister cashed in Mom's CD's without Mom agreeing. My stepdad would visit Mom everyday when he would walk to the dinning room . Stepsister got mad and moved him to another complex, with all Mom's belonging and will not let her see him. I feel a nursing home is not right for my Mom. She doesn't need that level of care. I asked her what she wanted and she said to live with her husband, which I told her that won't happen. I asked Mom to consider a divorce, and investigate possible fraud with the bank acct. Moving her here to CA with me is what I am planning. Can anything be done to my stepsister for giving/throwing my Mom's personal belongings away when she was in the hospital, and cashing the CD's when told not to. I feel she abused the power of attorney. My Mom and stepdad have been married 37 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back