MIx topics Lease, Imigration and child support

GCruise

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
Hi,

I'm seeking legal consultation on how to start preparing myself in this case.

My former girlfriend and I ended the relationship one day before we got to know she was pregnant.However, we decided to continue and try to resolve the differences,mostly for the fact that we wanted a bay together, but it dint work and again mutually decided to end it.

Here is where becomes problematic:

1-Im the only one on the apartment lease. I got the lease 3 months ago. She came back to the apartment 3 weeks ago. .

2. She expect me to pay her an apartment and all her expenses.

3. Her bipolarity and BPD disorders are becoming more intense with time. I know there's hormonal factor here due the pregnancy, but she was showing signs before as well. 90% of the time she is hostile and sometimes irrational. I don't have sufficient energy and patience to deal with the changes so lately I end up arguing as well. It is affecting my nerves as well. It also started to affect my performance at work.

4. She is aggressive. More verbally than physically. But in occasions she became physically aggressive. She has mentioned she thinks she can do something bad to me if very upset. She has also mentioned she has had suicidal thoughts in which there was a case I tool her to ER and then she denied the claim.

5. She is Cuban with US residency and still married (10 years) with her sponsor. She claimed has been separated for almost two 2 years. I met her 9 months ago.

These are some of the details.

I will definitely be responsible for the baby. But it is delicate situation and I know Social Services will get involve at some point in the future.

My main questions are:
1-I'm considering leaving the lease and get a new apartment. I'm the only one on the lease.
Do I have to support her 100% (rent and expenses) after leaving the lease? She has expressed she will not leave the apartment..
2- She still currently married to her sponsor. Is there any immigration concern here? Will this affect me anyhow after leaving the apartment? He treated me with legal action if I leave the lease of the apartment.
3- I started looking for social service advice but haven't made a formal complaint. I'm afraid of getting her upset and do something irrational after knowing I'm looking for mental health support.

4- Why type of Lawyers I will need in this situation?

I will really appreciate any help in how to deal with the situation.

Thanks
G

Hi,

I'm seeking legal consultation on how to start preparing myself in this case.

My former girlfriend and I ended the relationship one day before we got to know she was pregnant.However, we decided to continue and try to resolve the differences,mostly for the fact that we wanted a bay together, but it dint work and again mutually decided to end it.

Here is where becomes problematic:

1-Im the only one on the apartment lease. I got the lease 3 months ago. She came back to the apartment 3 weeks ago. .

2. She expect me to pay her an apartment and all her expenses.

3. Her bipolarity and BPD disorders are becoming more intense with time. I know there's hormonal factor here due the pregnancy, but she was showing signs before as well. 90% of the time she is hostile and sometimes irrational. I don't have sufficient energy and patience to deal with the changes so lately I end up arguing as well. It is affecting my nerves as well. It also started to affect my performance at work.

4. She is aggressive. More verbally than physically. But in occasions she became physically aggressive. She has mentioned she thinks she can do something bad to me if very upset. She has also mentioned she has had suicidal thoughts in which there was a case I tool her to ER and then she denied the claim.

5. She is Cuban with US residency and still married (10 years) with her sponsor. She claimed has been separated for almost two 2 years. I met her 9 months ago.

These are some of the details.

I will definitely be responsible for the baby. But it is delicate situation and I know Social Services will get involve at some point in the future.

My main questions are:
1-I'm considering leaving the lease and get a new apartment. I'm the only one on the lease.
Do I have to support her 100% (rent and expenses) after leaving the lease? She has expressed she will not leave the apartment..
2- She still currently married to her sponsor. Is there any immigration concern here? Will this affect me anyhow after leaving the apartment? He treated me with legal action if I leave the lease of the apartment.
3- I started looking for social service advice but haven't made a formal complaint. I'm afraid of getting her upset and do something irrational after knowing I'm looking for mental health support.

4- Why type of Lawyers I will need in this situation?

I will really appreciate any help in how to deal with the situation.

Thanks
G

Because she is married, her husband will be listed as the father of the child. When a woman is married the child is always presumed to be a result of that marriage. I suggest you visit with a local Family Law attorney to figure out how that can be resolved.

Because she is married, her husband will be listed as the father of the child. When a woman is married the child is always presumed to be a result of that marriage. I suggest you visit with a local Family Law attorney to figure out how that can be resolved.

Thank you for the advice.

Regards
G

Back