Mitagation Co threatened mechanic lien

the part which needs to be done is to remove the drywall,not to damage anything around it.
if I come to your house to paint a room but I fail to cover all your furniture and your furniture ended up with paint all over,do you say this is fine,as you are here to paint not to keep an eye on the furniture[/
if you read OP's thread,she/he said the lawyer is willing to deduct the cost of repair of garage door opener ($1k) from the amount due ($7)

the part which needs to be done is to remove the drywall,not to damage anything around it.
The OP said nothing about damaging anything around the drywall.
if I come to your house to paint a room but I fail to cover all your furniture and your furniture ended up with paint all over,do you say this is fine,as you are here to paint not to keep an eye on the furniture
Bad analogy. Let's say that a plumber has to replace your hot water heater, but your house's pipes are not installed properly...should the plumber have to eat the cost for repairing the improperly installed pipes?

I don't disagree generally, but if the OP is going to make a reasonable offer (like splitting the difference at $5,500 total), then the attorney may be inclined to suggest that their client accept the offer.

That is a possibility but going in with the idea that the lawyer's client is a scammer doesn't sound like a person in the proper mindset to negotiate the best deal for themselves. ;)

That is a possibility but going in with the idea that the lawyer's client is a scammer doesn't sound like a person in the proper mindset to negotiate the best deal for themselves. ;)
True...and the OP doesn't sound very flexible, which is unfortunate. She signed the contract and now seems to be the one trying to back out .

Back