Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Missed court date for MIP and marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

burtonroces13

Last December I was camping with some friends at malibu state park and a ranger cited me for an MIP ( 4 months shy of being 21 ) and possession of marijuana. I had one unopened can of beer and a gram of pot on me. I lost the citation ticket somehow packing up all my gear, so I called the court to see what I should do, I was told there was nothing on record at the time but that I should expect a courtesy notification in the mail (I never did). I thought I had slipped through the cracks or my citation was never turned in..... not so. Last week I was riding my bike through town and was pulled over for not having a headlight. The police officers ran my name back to HQ and it came back that I had a warrant for the MIP that was never taken care of, luckily they didnt bring me in. I called the court again and I was told the only way to take care of it was to come in and see the judge. I'm curious as to what I should expect when i just walk into the court, any advice is greatly appreciated, I just want the whole situation taken care of as easily and simply as possible.
1) Is just walking into the court really the best way to take of the citation?
2) What are the implications of missing a court date, will the judge have any sympathy for my situation?
3) I'm planning on going to Canada in 2 weeks, will this effect crossing the border in anyway?
4) In general, what course of action should I take to end this situation with the best possible outcomes? I'm afraid i'm going to dig my self a dipper hole if I don't follow the right steps.. Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back