Auto Loans Misled

Status
Not open for further replies.

rippedoff2

Can I sue a dealership, for financing me through a lender with a very high interest rate? I know my credit isn't that bad. Its going to cost me $11,000 in just interest, for a $18,000 car.

Can I sue a dealership, for financing me through a lender with a very high interest rate? I know my credit isn't that bad. Its going to cost me $11,000 in just interest, for a $18,000 car.

Sure, you can sue the dealer, the car manufacturer, the lender, President Obama, even the Queen of England.

Heck, some people have even sued Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, The Devil, and The Tooth Fairy.

If you have a few dollars to spare, can scribble some words on paper, you can sue anyone you want.

Heck, if you're a pauper, they'll even waive the few dollars, and let you file for FREE!

But, that isn't the question.

You want to know, if you sue someone, what is your theory of the case (do you have a case).

In your case, you have no case!

But, you can sue.

It depends - if you were defrauded then you can sue. But you'll have to do your homework. If all that happened is you signed for a higher interest rate than you could have negotiated, you would have no claim. That is just poor negotiation.

I suggest you refinance if you can get a better rate. I suggest you sell the car and pay off the loan if you cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back