Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Mislead

kamala anderson

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I have been an addict for years now. I was going on 7 years clean when I lost my business. I started using again and was pulled over for a (tail light) I complied with the officers and gave them my licence and registration. They came back and asked me and my husband to get out of the car. The police cars just kept showing up it looked like set it off out there. They then asked my husband to search his person. They took his knife and opened it and said cocaine. This is the excuse they used to search the truck. They found nothing and called a dog into sniff and he alarmed but had my husband in the back of a police car. The police then approached me and said is there something you want to tell me? I cried, I knew this wasn't going to end good. I told them I had a small piece of drug in my purse. They then took my husband out of the car and put me in the car. They let him go home with the truck and did not give us a ticket for the tail light. I am going to trial on this and want some feedback on what would be used to defend my position in court. Oh by the way my husbands knife did not have any cocaine one it.

I have been an addict for years now. I was going on 7 years clean when I lost my business. I started using again and was pulled over for a (tail light) I complied with the officers and gave them my licence and registration. They came back and asked me and my husband to get out of the car. The police cars just kept showing up it looked like set it off out there. They then asked my husband to search his person. They took his knife and opened it and said cocaine. This is the excuse they used to search the truck. They found nothing and called a dog into sniff and he alarmed but had my husband in the back of a police car. The police then approached me and said is there something you want to tell me? I cried, I knew this wasn't going to end good. I told them I had a small piece of drug in my purse. They then took my husband out of the car and put me in the car. They let him go home with the truck and did not give us a ticket for the tail light. I am going to trial on this and want some feedback on what would be used to defend my position in court. Oh by the way my husbands knife did not have any cocaine one it.

Never, ever recount that story to anyone but your defense attorney.

By now you've plead not guilty, hopefully for your sake you've ANNOUNCED to everyone who asks, "I wish to invoke and remain silent. I will only talk to my lawyer."

If you haven't done so, start today if anyone approaches you.

You should also seek to enroll in a 90 day or more INPATIENT drug abuse recovery program.

Until you enroll in such a program, attend daily in your area (or more) a NA or AA meeting.
Start working your recovery.
No, you can't do it alone.

Besides, when the time comes ALL of these self initiated actions will serve you well.

Hire a good criminal defense attorney, or ask the court if you qualify for a public defender.

Back