Criminal Law misdemeanor - special registration - gc

Status
Not open for further replies.

betitoe

I was recently charged with a misdemeanor theft offense for taking manhole sewer cover which was lying on the sidewalk, not the actual one that was being used for covering the hole. But, I also in the process of getting my green card through my mom being a citizen. And just had my fingerprint taken.

Does anybody here could help me with advice whether I should plea bargain my case to be a disorderly conduct or to fight for a dismissal? And is this case will effect my green card process because of my crime involving moral turpitude?

And one more thing, I am from a muslim country that was required to special register but I didn't register at that time for fearing deportation. However, I am a Christian and had my fingerprint taken before the special registration was required for green card application through my sister (but, was denied at that time because no visa was available)

I don't have any criminal history except this recent one and I have been here for seven years. Does anyone here could help me with any advice after reading my story?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back