Criminal Law misdemeanor hit and run

Status
Not open for further replies.

poor_one

My husband in on a K1 visa. He had an accident today (9-10-05), unfortunately he left the site of the accident. The officer served him with a warrant saying he needs to go to the police station and have his picture taken and be figure printed. Them, he has to go back to court another day. The officer said it is a misdemeanor.

Now, I am in the process of filing his 485 form. How is this going to affect him? Should he plea not guilty. Or should he get a lawyer. We are very worried how this is going to work out. He has been in the country three months now.

Need your help

Thank you.

Any criminal record can be a problem for immigration purposes. So I would advise to consult a criminal defense attorney who is experienced in these kind of hit and run cases as well as in immigration matters (not all defense attorneys are experts in immigration, so you should definitely ask!) or, if there is none, you should consult an immigration attorney who then would work with the criminal defense attorney in figuring out the best strategy to avoid any negative immigration consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back