Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Misdemeanor for Possession of Marijuana and Drug Paraphernalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night a friend and I were each given two tickets on misdemeanor charges for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. I think the nail is pretty much in the coffin, when the cops arrived, my friend said the weed and paraphernalia were ours without thinking. He claimed possession of everything, but both the weed and paraphernalia were in a backpack that i lent him. The officer discovered the bag was mine, and we were both charged. There is a lot of evidence against us so I don't think we can just get out of it. What is expunge/sealing the charge? How exactly does the court system work for misdemeanor charges like this? Will it affect college and job prospect?

If convicted, yes, this will impact your life.

But, a charge isn't a conviction.

We are all innocent until proven guilty.

Your buddy copped to owning the crap.

So what, it's in your bag?

Remain silent, plead not guilty, ask for a lawyer (or hire your own); but don't admit to anything.

Don't confess.
Don't say anything.

Lawyer up and shut up!

I am 22 years old and I was getting a ride home from the bar from my friend in his car. He received an owi and the officer gave me a ticket for possession of his pot and pipe. What do I do? This is my first offence and honestly it wasn't mine. How do I fight this? How can I get charged with possession of something I dont possess? The officer questioned me in the bak of the squad car without reading me my rights, and in my eyes there is no evidence linking me to that stuff. So how can they ink up my clean record with something this unjust? Im an actor in a local talent agency and if this goes thru then they will drop my contract... Are there any similar cases to mine? What do I do?

I am 22 years old and I was getting a ride home from the bar from my friend in his car. He received an owi and the officer gave me a ticket for possession of his pot and pipe. What do I do? This is my first offence and honestly it wasn't mine. How do I fight this? How can I get charged with possession of something I dont possess? The officer questioned me in the bak of the squad car without reading me my rights, and in my eyes there is no evidence linking me to that stuff. So how can they ink up my clean record with something this unjust? Im an actor in a local talent agency and if this goes thru then they will drop my contract... Are there any similar cases to mine? What do I do?

Okay, you made one mistake, but it can be overcome.
Never talk to the police.
You don't need to have your rights read to you, when you know them. So, be smart, and just say, I want a lawyer. Only provide your name, date of birth, address, and then say; I won't to speak to a lawyer. Always be PO,it's, courteous, calm, cool, and be firm.

So, going forward, appear at your next court date.
You can hire a lawyer, if you have the funds.
Otherwise, plead not guilty and ask for a court appointed attorney to represent you.

Then, speak only to your lawyer and no one else.
And, for goodness sakes, don't communicate with your co-defendant. Avoid him like he has the p,age, in a way, he does.

Follow your lawyer's advice and the worst that will happen is probation. If you comp,eye tat, this whole thing will likely be wiped away.

There are far better outcomes, so keep your chin up and your mouth closed.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back