Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft misdemeanor citation for shoplifting(need urgent help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aramiz

HI!!!

I am an international student on F-1 status! I have recently done the most dumbest thing of my life which I am repenting for and having scary days and nights and worried would haunt me through my life here in US.
I was given a misdemeaor citation for shoplifting ($70 worth) recently last week at a major store in memphis,tn the place i live and have my court dates next month.
And after pleading the store to leave me they have given me a Merchant restitution form which they said I should submit on the day of court and pay the amount so that they would take their charges back.
But would this still leave a misdemeanor citation on me and also a possibility for me to be convicted or the case would be dismissed or else is there a way out for dismissing the case?
but the worst part is that I have my tickets booked for my country as have to go visit my mother who is ill and would return only after the court date.
I have been told that I can postpone the court date to a later date.
So is it possible for me to go ahead with my trip provided I am able to postpone and also would I have a problem when I return back at the port of entry as I havent given my finger prints or attended the court date yet and was wondering if the immigration officials would have access to my misdemeanor citation records.
Will there be a question asking if i was arrested or convicted in the I-94 arrival-departure form and the CF-6059 customs declaration forms.
And hence I dont need to mention on any form about the case unless asked by the immigration officer? (and not lie too)

Would greatly appreciate your early suggestions and advices as this is kinda urgent.

Thanks and Regards!!!!!

Last edited:
PLEASE can any attorney reply to my message with a advice or suggestion for my post.
Would appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back