Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Misdemeanor and conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

madsis

My brother (who has had some legal bouts before) just got off probation a year ago. In May he was arrested for $25.00 cash unexplained. They said he was manufacturing and distributing marijuanna. He wasn't. He recently went to court and now they have video. They said he will either get jail or prison time. Now heres the kicker, two girls (one who is his girlfriend the other her sister) were caught on tape selling cocaine. They got their charges dropped to a misdemeanor and no jail time. Can anyone give some tips to help my brother get out of this mess. The police say they have him on video tape so why did it take so long for them to finally reviel that (7 months). If it was tapped after his initial arrest is it still admissable in court or does that not apply?? Can someone help me. The police in this town are way too corrupt. Is there any place on the web or number to call about investigating our local city and county departments?? Someone help please:confused:

If it was taped after his initial arrest and not part of that arrest then this is legal. Was the previous probation through drug court? Has he ever been through a drug court program?

What is "corrupt" about catching him on tape selling dope? If this information only recently came to light, then he needs to speak to his attorney. However, if it was revealed prior to trial, then there may not be any legal problem.

The fact that someone else got a different sentences for a more serious but similar offense is irrelevant. They may not have had the same prior criminal history as your brother ... perhaps the details were different ... in any event, it's immaterial.

Your brother needs to be speaking to his attorney.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back