Misdeamenor recvd out of state

Jurisdiction
Utah
This past weekend, me and my buddy road tripped to Las Vegas. My buddy is on parole and didnt get permission from his parole officer. Coming back, we were pulled over in Utah (about 3 hours out of colorado state lines) for my speeding 5 miles over the speed limit. I didnt receive a ticket, just a warning but we had an open empty alcohol bottle that was consumed before we had left vegas (consumed about 9 hours prior to this stop.) He wasnt driving at all, but received a blow test still and a citation misdeameanor for it.

Can the parole board find out about this easily?

Last edited:
Your friend is in for a world of hurt (and you were lucky you weren't taken down with him).

If he hadn't been cited, he MIGHT have avoided any implications. However, given that he was charged, he isn't going to dodge this. I can guarantee that his conditions of parole require him to disclose to his parole officer that he had this run in with the police. And yes, they are likely to find it anyway. It's not hard to run background checks on your charges.

It's not the "parole board" that is going to be his immediate problem. The parole board only determines whether he was granted parole or not. His supervision while he is on parole is done by the department of corrections (i.e., his parole officer). His parole officer, when faced by the fact that he has (by your admission) THREE parole violations going, may start the action to get the parole revoked.

I would recommend that your "friend" STOP BREAKING THE LAW. Parole was supposed to be a second chance. He should report the ticket to his parole officer. This will cut down the number of parole violations from THREE to TWO.

Your friend would probably be best served to consult attorneys in both jurisdictions.

Back