Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP while sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikenasty

I need some advise as all the people here do obviously. My friends threw a party with a keg at my apartement, and I had no idea that they did this because I was sleeping. I was earlier intoxicated by going to a party but simply came to my apartement before the party and went to sleep around 10pm. The Cops busted into our apartment around 2:30am and let everyone out of it. The problem is no one got an MIP, until they came into my apartment. They tried waking me up for "10 minutes" they say (I am a heavy sleeper even without intoxication). They immediatley handcuffed me and threw me in their car without me ever having a clue why and totally just treated me like crap. In East Lansing where I live there is a no blow rule and I refused to blow till 3:00pm the next day where I blew .000. I was wondering if there was any way possible this could be dropped and/or if they had the right to even wake me up in the first place... Thanks for the advice

Side note my ticket reads MIP (misdemeanor), Noise violation (misdemeanor's) which my roommate also got one at the same time so i was wondering if i could get that dropped, and hinder/obstruction of police (misdemeanor) which I never refused anything the police told me except breathalyser which is legal in my city

Did you have any defense?

If so, please let us know what it is.

Thank you.

Yeah... well first off I'm a real heavy sleeper which is a reason why i didn't wake up in the first place.. i sometimes find my roommate jumping on me to get up for school... and second I had no recognition that my roommates were throwing a party (which is why I'm confused I got the noise violation)... I went out did my own thing and just came back and crashed.. I just don't get how the police can come and let 50 people out of my apartment and talk to my drunk roommates without any problem, but see the sleeping kid and decide to totally annihilate him... one of my roommates even said the police were threatening to spray me with mace to wake me up.. wouldn't a more legit thing to do would be call an ambulance... I guess this whole situation just seems all sketchy to me which is why I need some advice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back